What are cookies and why do we use them on the weblogs of Weblogs SL
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is made from that computer.
Cookies allow the web, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the decisions and habits of the user. In Weblogs SL we use them to personalize the experience inside our webs, to identify and to remember to the registered user and to facilitate the navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informatics) it is possible to get more information about what with cookies and how they work.
What kind of cookies do Weblogs SL use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into Session or Permanent Cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is met (for example, for the user to remain identified in the Webs and services of Weblogs SL) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools that are in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service every time you visit. By way of example, this typology includes:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- Video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
Geolocation Cookies: These cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a website or service. This cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide content to your location.
Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify you on the web and services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if he closes a service or web, the browser or computer and at another time or another day re-enters that service or web, will remain identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to re-identify . This functionality can be suppressed if the user clicks on the "Exit" functionality, so that this cookie is deleted and the next time it enters the web the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- In addition, some services may use third party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers with a credentialed service from a social network or third party identification system, he authorizes the user to keep a persistent cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees access to the web until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke the access to the web through social networks or third party identification system updating their preferences in the specific social network.
Analytic Cookies: Each time a User visits a Web or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore, and the like) generates an analytic cookie on the user's device. This cookie that is generated only in the visit, will serve in next visits to the services of Weblogs SL to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives are:
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users
- Know if the user that is accessing is new or repeats visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register in any Weblogs SL website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that may identify you. Such cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the users experience on the site.
Advertising Cookies: This type of cookies allows to expand the information of the displayed ads to each anonymous user in the Weblogs SL websites. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, the interaction with them, or browsing patterns and / or user behaviors are stored as they help shape an advertising interest profile. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
For the management of the advertising of Weblogs SL, third party advertising service tools (Adservers - http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adserver) are used. These third parties may store cookies sent from the Weblogs SL websites from users' browsers, as well as access the data stored in them.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies.
Currently, Weblogs SL uses Google's DoubleClick platform to manage these services. For more information, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
How to disable cookies in your browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether or not they want to accept cookies. These settings are usually found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' in the menu of your browser.
Here are the instructions for setting up cookies in the main browsers:
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser Help.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.